Architect Frank Gehry “I Have an Idea” runs October 16, 2015 through February 7, 2016 at 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, Tokyo.
- This autumn, Tokyo’s 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT museum is presenting a major exhibition on Frank Gehry’s stunning, yet often controversial, ideas of architecture.
- The person of Frank Gehry, his inspiration, design processes, craftsmanship, and struggles – all will be explored in this unmissable exhibition.
- Ontario-born Frank Gehry has been called ‘the most important architect of our time’ by Vanity Fair.
- A stupid idea, but you like it.
Tag: Walt Disney Concert Hall
Instagram users offer a preview of LA’s Broad Museum
- It will house over 200,000 pieces of postwar and contemporary art from the collections of Eli and Edythe Broad, who also backed the Zaha Hadid-designed Edythe and Eli Broad Art Museum in Michigan, which opened in 2012.
- Instagram users and officials from the Broad have been posting images of the building, including glimpses of the interior, as it readies to open.
- The images offer a preview of the structure designed by the New York architecture firm, well ahead of the publication of official photography.
- Frank Gehry’s new headquarters for Facebook debuted on Instagram, with visitors posting images during the building’s preview before pictures were issued for publication.
- The building will also become the new home for the Broad Foundation, which is currently based in Santa Monica.