Such flexibility is surely prudent for all cyclical stocks be they miners or housebuilders (Other OTC: UBGXF – news) .
- That has resulted in two interrelated problems: huge oversupply of most commodities and many miners being over-leveraged.
- Many miners had progressive dividend policies that required payouts to slowly increase or, at the very least, stay the same over time.
- As the markets turned and the miners began to flounder, these badges of pride soon became albatrosses around their necks.
- The root cause of their woes, and indeed those of all commodities producers, is the same China .
- That view of 20 Fenchurch Street that brought you to tears is the exact opposite of what he wanted.
- Either 20 Fenchurch Street is there as long as it endures, or we do something about it.
- After a day in Paris at Frank Gehry’s exhilarating fish-like, wave-like I found myself on the South Bank almost weeping at the view of 20 Fenchurch Street.
- I still find it very hard to accept that Centre Point, a building that once personified hit-and-run property development, should now be a listed building.
- Or even Sant’Elia, although buildings like 20 Fenchurch Street do seem to exploit modern engineering to create futurist dreams that would be a lot better left on paper.
- Figures are offered up for different scenarios, such as leasing solar panels, taking out a loan to pay for them or buying them outright.
- Powered by Google Maps, Project Sunroof can tell users how much sun is hitting their roof and how much they might be able to shave off their power bills.
The video below provides a quick overview of Project Sunroof.
- According to Google, it already has access to all the information needed to create detailed maps of your rooftop’s candidacy for solar harvesting.
- Well, a new venture from Google is aimed at taking the guesswork out of weaning your household off the grid.